Sunday, April 10, 2016

Cliche TV Roles

Because we live in such a diverse world who like to throw the race card around I decided this post will be about just that. Minioritoes in TV. When I become a TV producer I want to create a something that's never been done before on TV. For instance the TV show scandal created by SHonda Rhimes is brilliant! Not only is the leading woman role played by an African American her she powerful, not only because she's aleeping with the president of America but she runs her own law firm that "fix" all problems. So this in my eyes is something I would like to watch on tv not your average cliche minorties roles. I personally don't want to see a black or Mexican woman single, with three kids, working two jobs living in a low income housing. I want to watch something or someone I can admire. Someone who has some power.  I think the producers and networks that get this get it!! Let's go back 80's when Dynasty was a hit the leading Afrian America woman role was played by Diane Carol. She was rich, smart, sassy and powerful. So this role I'm speaking of does exist we just have to make it more relevant. Nothing against single moms who are struggling trying to provide for their kids but that's getting boring. Show me something I want to be not that I am!!

No comments:

Post a Comment