Sunday, May 15, 2016

GEDO

I had the pleasure of interviewing an up and coming me artist Gedo. Gedo is a rapper from Chicago trying to bring inspiration lyrics to his hometown. The first question I asked Joe Levy was what does his stage name means and he explained this was just a childhood nickname and his father has the same nick mane as well.

Tasha: Gedo because the music industry is cut throat how do you deal with people’s dirty tricks?

Gedo: that’s funny because I was just in a situation where I was recommended an editor to edit my latest music video but to my surprise he was a scam artist. I had my lawyer draw up an agreement for my  three projects but this editor refused to read and endorse anything. He wanted me to pay him up front for all three music videos but when I told him I had a legal contract he disappeared. LOL!

Tasha: How do you separate people from problems when you are negotiating?
Gedo: look, this is a business and everyone involved is looking out for himself or herself. In this rap game there is no room for personal emotional feelings. This is a game and you have to learn all the moves to became a master. I would not allow myself to emotionally make a decision you have to learn how to separate. It’s like why I don’t do business with family. I can only look at the person for there creative ability not how that person my relate to me. You can’t take anything personal in this industry and I’m afraid most people haven’t mastered that skill. Let me be clear this is a skill that’s not taught in school, this is a life skill.

Tasha: give me an example of how you worked toward a mutual benefit while negotiating a deal?

Gedo: my former manger didn’t have tons of experience but his networking relationships were amazing. This kid knew just about every rapper that came from Chicago. I was iffy to sign with him but I knew we could be great for each other. We both were in the learning process so we learned and worked together. The mutual benefit was we needed each other at that time to both succeed. So I was able to but his lack of experience aside for his strong emotion to become successful. We were a great team. We both were hungry. He is no longer my manger but I wish him the best of luck.

 To view a sample of GEDO click here https://youtu.be/BKXELBgNjL8

Description: Macintosh HD:Users:natashaharris:Desktop:Unknown.jpeg

No comments:

Post a Comment